How the 5600SXT System Softens Water:
Hard water passes through the media tank that contains resin beads coated with sodium ions. The calcium and magnesium ions are exchanged for sodium (or potassium) ions, thus softening the water. When the beads have trapped the hardness and need to be regenerated, the Hi-Flow’s control valve charges them with the brine from the brine tank.
As regeneration occurs, calcium and magnesium (hardness) ions are freed from the beads, replaced with sodium or potassium ions; and the system is ready to soften water again.
• Solid state microprocessor with LED display: time of day, remaining capacity, regeneration cycle in process
• SE electronics provide quick setup and programming
• Double backwash
• Choose from (3) modes of operation: immediate meter regeneration, delayed meter regeneration, or delayed time clock regeneration
• Meter (DIR) or time clock initiated regeneration
• NOVRAM valve status and memory backup
Brine tank performance insurance
All Charger water softeners may be ordered with optional salt grid which virtually prevents salt bridging.
Save water and up to 40% in salt usage by adding meter-controlled regeneration to your unit.