How the 268 Performa Logix System Softens Water:
Hard water passes through the media tank that contains resin beads coated with sodium ions. The calcium and magnesium ions are exchanged for sodium (or potassium) ions, thus softening the water. When the beads have trapped the hardness and need to be regenerated, the Hi-Flow’s control valve charges them with the brine from the brine tank.
As regeneration occurs, calcium and magnesium (hardness) ions are freed from the beads, replaced with sodium or potassium ions; and the system is ready to soften water again.
• Seven cycles: fully programmable, set and forget
• Meter (D.I.R.) or time clock initiated regeneration
• 12 volt operation
• 28-day variable reserve
• Simple, economic electronics
• Automatic capacity calculations
• LCD readout displays large numerals and graphics
• System flow rates to 15 gpm
All Charger water softeners may be ordered with optional salt grid which virtually prevents salt bridging.
Save water and up to 40% in salt usage by adding meter-controlled regeneration to your unit.